Saturday, November 24, 2007

Globe Visibility: RIP-OFF


The Globe Visibility service sucks and is a RIP OFF.

I've been a subscriber since dec'06... paid P2,000 each month...

Connectivity
Most of the time, It's hard to connect to 3G/3.5G network in Makati area... even if the signal is full.

Speed
Initially (on my first 2-3 months), I get burst speeds of upto 2 Mbps... with sustained download speed of about 800 - 900 Kbps.

However, since April, I started to notice that the service is deteriorating. Burst speeds dip down to a low of 5 Kbps... My sustained download speeds has averaged 60 - 80 Kbps at HSDPA. I seldom get download speeds greater than 400 Kbps.

I usually get no download traffick (0 Kbps) in HSDPA, so I would have to switch connection to GPRS, which averages 30-40 Kbps. (and I'm paying P2,000 for this???)

Most of the time it just gives me a headache.

Customer Service
With all these probelms I'm getting, of course I call 211 to complain and ask for my connectivity problems to be fixed. But what can their agents do? They could just forward the complaint ro their Technical Department, which, I think, is either just plain lazy or does not exist at all. They'll tell you that someone will call within 3-5 days, which is just a bullshit ploy to get you off the line.

One more funny thing though, is that some one really did try to call me.. through my Visibility number!!! Duh!?!?! This SIM came with a modem, not a phone.. If Globe's people are this stupid, then there's no wonder why they can't fix any issue.


Recommendation
If you are willing to shell out P2,000 each month for average download speed of less than 100 Kbps (that is if you ever get to connect) then go on and get this crappy service.

Don't ever get fooled by their empty promise of 4x the speed of residential DSL (
www.betterthan3g.com) because THIS IS A FOUL ADVERTISING CLAIM THAT HAS NO TRUTH TO IT.

Globe just wants to lure paying customers, and rip us off with P2,000 per month but their infrastructure cannot support the increasing number of subscribers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Globe Visibility has just recently updated their system...

Now, it is easy to connect to HSDPA/UMTS...

However, the speed is still very slow... average sustained download still does not reach 100 Kbps... you'd get 180 Kbps download speed only at around 2AM... duh...

One more thing, if your connection gets idle, it would take some time before you get download traffick once you start browsing again.

Also, idle connections get dropped once in a while.

THIS IS STILL A CRAPPY SERVICE